Adventures of absent-minded MBA student

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Night on the bold mountain

What do you think happens when 60 girls meet altogether in the small bar in Soho? I was very suspicious of the result, when I was walking to the girls' night out tonight. But mysteriously I had a lot of fun and we even have not discussed boys (well almost). 4 very active and brave ladies decided that we don't see each other often and organized our meeting, which was great, because I met some girls for the first time.
In general there are a lot of things going on in school and if you want to you can go to party every evening. There is one guy in my stream who is determined not to miss a single party on the course - you see people here are very ambitious even about partying (the guy is really nice though). For the beginning I felt quite uneasy about all this socializing – it was hard for me just to go and try to know people (and to tell you the truth it still is). But I decided that I want to feel comfortable in this city and if I do, I need to have some friends and for this I need to at least talk to people. So here I am, bewildered girl in the middle of laughing crowd. How come all these people know each other so well, probably I have been sleeping for the last half of year?! But then now I am definitely awake and there are no princes around to save me, so I’ll have to take care about everything myself. Planned a lot of social events for the rest of the week – will have something to tell you about.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger 32andcounting said...

Welcome to LBS :) I felt just like you last year...dont worry you will find your feet and soon have a group of friends you can rely on :)

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger KV said...

Welcome to LBS (saw the link on RusGirl's blog)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home